The Edexcel IGCSE physics course takes students on a journey from the smallest sub-atomic particles to the vast expanses of the universe. The course provides a strong theoretical physics foundation, and prepares students well for study and for mature students requiring a science qualification for their next career step.
It is made up of eight modules:
- Module 1: Forces and motion
- Module 2: Electricity
- Module 3: Waves
- Module 4: Energy resources and energy transfers
- Module 5: Solids, liquids and gases
- Module 6: Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Module 7: Radioactivity and particles
- Module 8: AstrophysicsEdexcel International GCSE (9-1) Physics Student Book by Penny Johnson, Steve Woolley, and Brian Arnold (ISBN-13: 9780435185275).
Science with Hazel course structure
- 30 live, interactive lessons held weekly by a professional Science with Hazel accredited tutor
- Over 200 hours worth of additional resources, including question sheets, revision guides, workbooks and topic videos
- Marked assessment to track your progress
- Dedicated email hotline, with specialist subject tutors on hand to answer content-based questions within 48 hours
- Course starts at 11am (UK time). Thursday 3rd September 2020
- Detailed course timings, including term start and end dates, will be provided in the course details provided soon after enrolment
Students will need the following textbook to support their studies:
The Science with Hazel fast-track physics course follows the Edexcel Physics IGCSE (4PH1) Specification. The course is designed for students to sit their exams in the May/June examination session, starting in 2021.
Assessment is by two written papers.
Exam Paper 1 – Physics 1 (2 Hours)
is worth 61.1% of the total marks.
A mixture of different question styles, including multiple-choice questions, short-answer questions, calculations and extended open-response questions
Exam Paper 2 – Physics 2 (1 Hour, 15 Minutes)
is worth 38.9% of the total marks.
A mixture of different question styles, including multiple-choice questions, short-answer questions, calculations and extended open-response questions.
Please note: Examination fees are not included in the course costs, and need to be paid direct to your chosen exam centre. Prices for exams will vary depending on the exam centre’s administration costs. To find out further information on registering as a Private Candidate and to locate a suitable exam centre, contact Edexcel.
Study from anywhere
The Edexcel IGCSE courses are offered to students in over 150 countries. As all our resources are cloud-based, students can enrol on any of our courses from anywhere in the world. To confirm where the nearest Edexcel test centre is to your, click here if you are based in the UK
or here if you are based anywhere else in the world
Check out our FAQs
if you still have any questions about the Science with Hazel fast-track physics course.