The Edexcel IGCSE biology course consists of a broad range of interesting topics, from the structure of the smallest organisms to large-scale industrial uses of biological processes.
The course provides a solid basis for students wishing to progress to A level biology, and for mature students requiring a science qualification for their next career step.
It is made up of five modules:
- Module 1: The nature and variety of living organisms
- Module 2: Structure and functions in living organisms
- Module 3: Reproduction and inheritance
- Module 4: Ecology and the environment
- Module 5: Use of biological resources
Science with Hazel course structure
- 30 live, interactive lessons held weekly by a professional Science with Hazel accredited tutor
- Over 200 hours worth of additional resources, including question sheets, revision guides, workbooks and topic videos
- Marked assessment to track your progress
- Dedicated email hotline, with specialist subject tutors on hand to answer content-based questions within 48 hours
- Course starts at 11am (UK time), Tuesday 1st September 2020
- Detailed course timings, including term start and end dates, will be provided in the course details provided soon after enrolment
There are no prerequisites for starting this course. Private candidates of all ages can enrol.
Students will need the following textbook to support their studies:
The Science with Hazel fast-track biology course follows the Edexcel Biology IGCSE (4BI1) Specification. The course is designed for students to sit their exams in the May/June examination session, starting in 2021.
Assessment is by two written papers.
Exam Paper 1 – Biology 1 (2 Hours)
is worth 61.1% of the total marks.
A mixture of different question styles, including multiple-choice questions, short-answer questions, calculations and extended open-response questions
Exam Paper 2 – Biology 2 (1 Hour, 15 Minutes)
is worth 38.9% of the total marks.
A mixture of different question styles, including multiple-choice questions, short-answer questions, calculations and extended open-response questions.
Please note: Examination fees are not included in the course costs, and need to be paid direct to your chosen exam centre. Prices for exams will vary depending on the exam centre’s administration costs. To find out further information on registering as a Private Candidate and to locate a suitable exam centre, contact Edexcel.
Study from anywhere
The Edexcel IGCSE courses are offered to students in over 150 countries. As all our resources are cloud-based, students can enrol on any of our courses from anywhere in the world. To confirm where the nearest Edexcel test centre is to your, click here if you are based in the UK
or here if you are based anywhere else in the world
Check out our FAQs
if you still have any questions about the Science with Hazel fast-track biology course.